Author Topic: IB TWS and Gateway  (Read 5121 times)

jaymes croken

IB TWS and Gateway
« on: April 08, 2016, 08:54:11 pm »
Hi all,

I'm trying to get IB gateway, however whenever I try to download and run it, I get an error message saying that the version is no longer supported. However, it is the newest and only version I can find, that I am trying to run. Thus I am stuck with only TWS.
Has anyone run into this problem with gateway, or is it actually no longer supported?

Also, I am trying to do forward testing, but the paper trading account only uses delayed market information, and PTL trader will not gather the historical data for the symbols that I have in the portfolio.
Will the PTL trader only work with live data, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

admin

• Administrator
    • Pair Trading Lab
Re: IB TWS and Gateway
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 08:13:14 am »
I'm trying to get IB gateway, however whenever I try to download and run it, I get an error message saying that the version is no longer supported. However, it is the newest and only version I can find, that I am trying to run. Thus I am stuck with only TWS.
Has anyone run into this problem with gateway, or is it actually no longer supported?

What version of IB Gateway do you run? Mine reports itself as "build 949.3" and it works fine. Can you also provide a screenshot of the message?

Also, I am trying to do forward testing, but the paper trading account only uses delayed market information, and PTL trader will not gather the historical data for the symbols that I have in the portfolio.
Will the PTL trader only work with live data, or am I doing something wrong?

Yes, you need to purchase live market data. It will work then.

Filipe Thomas Steger

Re: IB TWS and Gateway
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 10:30:30 am »
Hi, I am new in the pair trading at US market. When it requires a market data subscription to use the PTL, can I use the market data provided by Interactive brokers, selecting the market that I want to trade?

admin

• Administrator
    • Pair Trading Lab