Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Hello, Karel,

I've been intensively playing with the backtester, which is truly amazing. So, big Kudos to you!

I think, there is a way to improve even more the efficiency of the backtester, in order to make it faster for the user to take a decision.

Here is a concrete use-case, and what I have in mind to make PTL backtester even better than what it already is: I've created a portfolio comprised on 20 pairs, but I want to automatically generate all the different combinations possible in term of slots number (10, 11, 12, and so on...) but for each result, I would like to be able to sort them based on two sort fields: Max drawdown and/or Sharpe Ratio, preferably in the descending order  ;D

Is it something that you think could be implemented?
Thank you!
Models, Algorithms & Approaches / Re: RSI and earnings filtering
« Last post by JackBeach on July 15, 2022, 10:15:40 am »
Thanks, Karel  :)

About the RSI Threshold, what would be the default value?

I can't seem to find it in the wiki  :(
Hi,

you can find those in the online backtester tool. Try for yourself.
« Last post by admin on July 15, 2022, 07:54:18 am »
The difference is negligible. You should determine optimal parameters yourself by making multiple backtests.
« Last post by JackBeach on July 14, 2022, 12:24:46 pm »
Hello Karel,

I see in the Wiki that the default value for the RSI = 15, but on the web, the default value usually used for the RSI is 14.

From your experience, is there really a noticeable difference between the two?
Which one is supposed to give better results as default value?
Hello Karel,

I'm reading about the different Pair Trading Models offered by PTL (https://wiki.pairtradinglab.com/wiki/Pair_Trading_Models), and I would like to know what are the default parameters for the following two models:
- Kalman-grid Model (v2)
- Kalman-auto Model

Thank you  :)
Models, Algorithms & Approaches / Re: A/B vs B/A
« Last post by admin on July 13, 2022, 03:00:14 pm »
about this:

7) what is the meaning difference between the blue (white center) vs green icon that appears at the top right corner of each pair section after a database query?

Sorry but I don't understand that question. Maybe make a screenshot and mark it for me? In general all icons in pair databaase search results give you a tool hint when you hover your mouse  on them and wait for a second.
« Last post by admin on July 13, 2022, 02:56:54 pm »
about #2:

* the Q-Q plot is for orthogonal residuals (orthogonal linear regression between two price series)
* the x/y plot is just stock prices plotted in a scatterplot
« Last post by Ernesto Coatimundi on July 05, 2022, 02:00:59 pm »
#2) on the page Analysis of A/B : Q-Q plots and the x=..., y=... plots

#6) more than good idea; VERY necessary. In fact download of these data as well as all other tables or prefereably entire analysis-pages to some sort of spreadsheet format is useful for record keeping

Here is one more:
7) what is the meaning difference between the blue (white center) vs green icon that appears at the top right corner of each pair section after a database query?

Thx

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10